Our Services

Educational Advocates

It’s not easy being a student or a parent these days, and school can be even more challenging when your child has an intellectual or developmental disability, IDD/DD. Thanks to generous grants the Arc of Bay County Michigan is able to assist foster children, families, and any student who is struggling in school, is at risk of being expelled, or is being punished or excluded from participating to the extent of their abilities, give us a call. Your child does NOT have to have a documented intellectual or developmental disability.

Every child has the right to a FREE public education!
Don’t wait, Call (989) 893-1346 or e-mail jan.lampman@yahoo.com now serving
Arenac, Bay, and Tuscola counties.

Educational Advocates are also available to assist with planning for your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) this document spells out the special education instructions, supports, and services that the school staff, along with the parent have decided are necessary for the student to be successful in school. IEPs are updated annually, or more often if there’s need for a change.

Group of students in a classroom, listening to their teacher as they teach a lesson.

Trends in Education and Advocacy


Did you know that the Arc will come to your person-centered planning meeting? Let your Supports Coordinator, or worker know that you want an Independent Facilitator from the Arc of Bay County Michigan!

This service is free to people who use services and support from Bay-Arenac Behavioral Health (BABH) or a Community Mental Health organization in a neighboring county that is paid for by Medicaid. Advantages of using an Independent Facilitator include having someone to help you pre-plan and communicate what YOU want, and work with you to get the goals important to you, into your person-centered plan. 

Give us a call (989) 893-1346 or send an e-mail to: annette.jeske@arcbc.com 

A young girl being comforted and guided by her caretaker

Representative Payee

Do you struggle to pay bills or manage your income? The Arc of Bay County Michigan may be able to help. Working on your behalf as a Representative Payee designated by Social Security means we will use your money to pay for your basic needs including rent, utilities and healthcare costs. Using a Rep Payee may reduce the likelihood of past due notices or other unpleasant situations such as evictions. 

Call Social Security to get the process started, or give us a call (989) 893-1346 or send an e-mail to: contact@arcbc.com

Think you might benefit from having a representative payee make sure your basic need bills are paid each month? Call Social Security’s Bay City office 1-866-366-4924

Money and Social Security Cards for identification and retirement USA


The Arc of Bay County Michigan follows and advocates for the priorities determined by the federal and state levels as well as assisting individuals in specific efforts related to disability advocacy. If you have an idea or want to get involved please contact us, annette.jeske@arcbc.com

Wide angle shot of the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C.

Keep Up With The Arc of Bay County

Scroll to Top